Thursday, May 8, 2014

First Aid for Your Laundry + the Planet! with Berryplus

Soap that grows on trees! Botanists call their trees Sapindus mukorossi; Berryplus calls them first aid for your laundry and the planet!

Sapindus trees grow soapberries which, when combined with water and shaken, give off a soapy residue that has been used to clean clothes naturally in India and other parts of Asia forever. Now, soapberries’ cleaning power is available in Berryplus, and it’s going to change the way you think about laundry.

Berryplus was created to be the purest and most natural, yet effective laundry soap around. It cleans your clothes as well as leading brands using only wholesome and sustainable ingredients which are safe and gentle for even the most sensitive skin and fabrics.

Berryplus has figured out how to extract and concentrate saponin, the soapberry’s magic cleaning ingredient, to give you soap that’s free of harmful or questionable ingredients, fillers and fragrances. No more weird gels, smells or bells, because when clothes are naturally clean, they don’t smell like flowers, fruit or fluffy teddy bears, and they and don’t need chemicals to stay soft.
Available in 3 sizes!


Berryplus is a modern laundry innovation, because it delivers age-old cleaning with modern convenience. Berryplus works as well as anything else on the market, but is much less irritating and super safe for your clothes, your family, your washing machine and the planet. It is so safe that Berryplus doesn’t come with warnings or first aid instructions about how to use it. That said, and as their founder (a lawyer says), they’d prefer you not drink their soap, because (like all soap products) it may upset your stomach and it doesn’t taste good.

    Berryplus' not-so-secret ingredients, which they will always disclose to you, are:
  • 95% berry-based (berries + water)
  • 4.5% vegetable glycerin (for stability and added softening)
  • 0.3% olive-leaf extract (to kill bacteria and other junk)
  • 0.1% each of potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate (food-grade preservative to give Berryplus a shelf life)

 
I was pleasantly surprised by how well Berryplus works! I admit I was a bit skeptical at first. How can such a small amount actually clean my clothes? Especially the really dirty ones. Well.. It just does! I have used it to wash several loads of clothes from my most delicate of washables to my dogs filthy, smelly blanket to have it all come out with flying colors! I wish I knew about this product when I lived upstairs in an apartment. I wouldn't have had to lug around all of that laundry detergent.


 Berryplus also has a cute and durable laundry bag. I was definitely stoked to be able to replace my holey, mesh laundry sack from years ago. It has a cute little pocket to carry my Berryplus liquid, as well as anything else I may need (such as quarters and keys if going to the laundrymat.) 

Using the Microdose

Don’t be fooled by its size – this small but mighty microdose is perfectly measured to wash a full 30lb load of laundry! No more guessing and messing or lugging the jug ever again. Less to carry, less to recycle and less packaging too. Perfect for travel, whether to the laundromat, on the road or into the woods.

Doing laundry isn’t rocket science or a science experiment. Combine clothes, water and soap, shake around, and rinse. It’s that simple.
Berryplus was designed for cold-water and high-efficiency machines, but works any way you do laundry – front or top loader, sink or bathtub, at any temperature (although cold is better for the planet and your wallet). Please don’t add extra softener, because the berries do that too! To find out where to buy your own, follow this link.

 

 Disclosure: I received the above item in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. No monetary compensation was provided. The above opinion is the sole opinion of me and my family, and may differ from your own. I am disclosing in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 

No comments:

Post a Comment