Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Spicely Organic Review


About Spicely


Spicely came into being with a vision: to search this beautiful world's pristine and exotic locations and bring home the widest range of flavors for lovers of gourmet food and health everywhere. Nothing but organic and entirely natural foods would be good enough.
They swore to use only the freshest ingredients and the most planet friendly packaging possible. To use the finest production, health and food safety methods available. They would treat the farmers they dealt with fairly and encourage certified fair trade where it was available.
Over time, as they saw others trying harder and harder to cut corners, Spicely vowed to work harder to make food that was better. As GMO's, MSG, fillers, sweeteners and irradiation became common elsewhere, their facilities and products became certified organic, vegan, kosher and gluten free.


Why I Love Spicely 

 
I was recently sent one of the Spicely gift box sets, full of their amazing spices. I was lucky enough to try out their Traditional Holiday 9 pack

The 9-Box seasonal gift set includes:
Compact Organic Apple Pie Spice- .67 oz
Compact Organic Nutmeg Ground- .67 oz
Compact Organic Vanilla Bean (1 count)- 1.2 oz
Compact Organic Allspice Ground- .67 oz
Compact Organic Mulling Spice Blend- .60 oz
Compact Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice- .52 oz
Compact Organic Cinnamon Ground- .63 oz
Compact Organic Ginger Ground- .60 oz
Compact Organic Clove Ground- .67 oz

I was really excited to be able to use so many organic and natural ingredients this season! I tend to bake more in colder weather, as I am sure a lot of you do as well. These spices came in handy SO many times. The gift set is so cute. I love the tiny compact boxes. The only downfall I see in them is that I never use that much spice at one time, so I have to find a way to store the spices after opening. I am planning on buying some baby food for the jars, and using those as my spice canisters. Luckily, Spicely sells larger sizes of their spices that DO in fact come with containers.

All of the spices I have tried from Spicely so far are top notch. You can really taste and smell the difference in quality when comparing Spicely to other spice brands. I love that all of Spicelys spices are organic. It has been a feat trying to find organic options in the spices I love. Even the bulk spices at Whole Foods etc. aren't as jaw dropping (or organic) as Spicely. They just have SO much to choose from!


I am absolutely in love with the Spicely Mulling Spice blend. This is a spice blend I just recently starting using within the past couple of years. I used to do demos at a Texas based grocery store, and they taught me a great recipe for warm apple cider. I would make it in a huge pot, but here at home I find it easy to make one serving at a time by filling a tea ball with the Spicely Muling Spice blend and popping it into a small pot of unfiltered, organic apple juice. (I always add a squeeze of fresh orange for good measure.) Spicely has helped me create the best Apple Cider I have ever had!
 

In addition to spices, Spicely also carries a wonderful assortment of teas. I was lucky enough to get to try their Chai tea. It is not overwhelmingly spicey like other Chai's can sometimes be. It smells delicious and tastes even better. I love the little tin it comes in. I can't wait to upcycle it when the tea is finished!

Connect with Spicely

Disclosure: I received the above item in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. No monetary compensation was provided. The above opinion is the sole opinion of me and my family, and may differ from your own. I am disclosing in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 

4 comments:

  1. The Traditional Holiday 9 pack looks fantastic. I would love to buy that for Christmas gifts next year. I can tell they are wonderful spices and so happy they are organic.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spices are not mostly organic. I try to do organic in most of my life but for some reason I don't think about it here. Good to know about a good source. Thanks.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to try their organic teas. I drink tea daily.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to upgrade my spices as I run out, so it's not as expensive all at once. High quality, organic spices taste so much better!

    ReplyDelete