Monday, February 3, 2014

Let Me Show You the Wei.. of Chocolate






That's the intention on which Wei of Chocolate is based.



CEO & Founder Lisa Reinhardt came to chocolate via a roundabout route that took her from small-town American roots to Paris to remote areas of Asia.



Along the way, she experienced deeply the benefits and joys of meditation, living in a cave, spending months in retreat and studying and practicing the wisdom traditions of Nepal, India and Tibet for 11 years.



“When I got back from Asia, all I wanted to do was share the incredible gift I had been given by the masters of meditation. I looked around, and I knew we needed what they knew. But when I brought up the idea of meditation, the reaction was almost always a “No” – “I’m too busy”, “I’m not good at it”, “I don’t know how to do it.”


Then one day Lisa had an ‘aha’ moment eating chocolate. She noticed that when we let chocolate melt in our mouths rather than chew it, we do exactly what we want to do when learning meditation, except that we actually do it better.  We rest fully, lovingly in the present moment. And nobody says, ‘I’m too busy, I’m not good at it, I don’t know how to do it’!

When it comes down to it, I would have to say that I am a pretty earthy girl. I love all things nature, and being outside is soothing to my soul. As I learn more about the natural world I tend to discover "new" ways of healing and soothing my body. Flower Essences are one of them. When I received a bag of assorted chocolates from the Wei of Chocolate, I was immediately hooked. I loved how each different chocolate had a different blend of flower essences to help with a specific problem. I especially enjoyed the Peppermint as it was very soothing to my stomach (despite not being a fan of peppermint). But my favorite chocolate was the Wei Relaxed. This chocolate is organic, fair trade, vegan, gluten free, soy free 68% cacao pure dark chocolate (which I absolutely love!) You'll taste only the creamy deliciousness of pure dark chocolate blended with the perfect amount of cocoa butter and cocoa beans, while special flower essences work behind the scenes to balance body and mind. Wei Relaxed contains hand-collected vibrational flower essences from Lotus Wei that work along your acupuncture meridians so that you feel more focused, calm and relaxed. 
 



Disclosure: I received the above item in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. No monetary compensation was provided. The above opinion is the sole opinion of me and my family, and may differ from your own. I am disclosing in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I've more than enjoyed chocolate my whole life, but of course the chocolate that was always most accessible for me, was also not good for me. Thanks for sharing this product and inspiring me to enjoy dark, organic, fair trade chocolate!

    ReplyDelete