Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's a Cookie! It's a Pie! It's Barbara's Cookie Pies!







About Barbara

(I love her story, so had to share!)


Barbara remembers the sensory delight and excitement of helping her Mom and Nana (both also named Barbara) create home-made, hand pressed, hand-decorated cookies and then packaging them in gift tins for family and friends. Through the years, Barbara came to realize that Mom’s and Nana’s special little secrets for preparing dough and crafting butter cookies created a unique flavor and texture that still has not been duplicated commercially.
 

Combining her educational and professional marketing background with her love of baking, and to find a way to honor her Mom and wonderful family, Barbara embarked on this new business venture. Starting small, but thinking big, she created Barbara’s Cookie Pie Company. Barbara uses the same butter cookie dough that’s been passed through the generations in her family as the platform to build her unique Cookie Pies. Each pie is inspired by a family member or friend in her life.

After much planning and experimentation along with the generous help of guiding partners, family and friends, Barbara’s entrepreneurial dream has taken shape! It is with great pride, immeasurable love and great passion that she offers this collection of hand-crafted, simply scrumptious Original Cookie Pies.

You can really taste the love!


About the Cookie Pies 

They use no added preservatives and only kitchen-fresh ingredients in our recipes. Each Cookie Pie is made fresh, then shipped to you. For maximum freshness and quality, they can stay at room temperature for approximately 7-10 days. If you don’t plan on eating your Cookie Pie right away, we recommend refrigeration (for up to 4 weeks) or freezing them (for up to 6 months.) Our ingredients are carefully selected to have low moisture content which helps extend the shelf life.


Wholesome and pure ingredients go into each one of Barbara’s Cookie Pies, such as unbleached and unbromated flour, pure creamery butter (not oil), pure chocolate (not “coatings”), whole eggs, pure vanilla extract (not artificial flavors), premium preserves, fresh nuts and so on - overall the best quality ingredients they can find. As a small business, it can be challenging to obtain these products cost effectively, but after numerous kitchen tests and tastings, we taste the difference and hope you will too.




 I know what you're thinking. Cookie Pies on a Healthy Lifestyle blog!? Well, let me tell you something about being healthy. To be healthy you also need to be happy. Who can be happy while constantly depriving themselves of the yummy things in life? So for me, the best way for me to stay healthy is to have a cheat day every now and then. Not every day, not every week. More like once a month. Since I cheat so little on my healthy diet, I try to make the affair as tasty as possible. This is where Barbara's Cookie Pies come in. Not only do they look aesthetically pleasing, they taste incredible as well!



One great thing about these cookie pies has to do with the ingredients that are used. I love that they are wholesome and not junk. That really matters to me. I would never go out and buy a bag of greasy chips or dry, tasteless cookies to try and fill my snack void. Why bother when Barbara makes such yummy treats that can be delivered right to my door?!

CONFESSION: Hi, my name is Paisley. I am a chocoholic.

Yep. I love chocolate.

There is no wonder I decided to go with the Fudge Brownie Cookie Pie my first go 'round. It just so happens to be the most decadent. Barbara even says so herself! Just look at this wonderful creation:


 I know, right?! Totally worth saving for your cheat day!

"This hand-crafted Cookie Pie is chocolate decadence at its best! Get ready to experience triple goodness as the flavors of our moist chewy chocolate fudge filling atop our signature butter cookie crust that is then drizzled with  dark chocolate topping merges together for a richly satisfying dessert. Try warming it up first then adding ice cream. OOOH-Fudge!"

They are not kidding. Try it hot! You won't regret it. Add a scoop of ice cream! (I used frozen yogurt, and it was FANTASTIC!)

 Want to play a game?

I bet you can't get through the next set of pictures without drooling!
 (Last chance to get a napkin)


 Be honest. Are you drooling yet!?

If not, fudge must not be your thing! In that case, you should check out all of the other unique Cookie Pies. They include Almond Joy, Almond Raspberry, Apple Caramel, Caramel Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Crumble, Key Lime Macadamia, Oatmeal Raisin, Oreo Creme, Peanut Butter Cup, Peppermint Bark, Peppermint Patty, Raspberry Chocolate, Rocky Road and Toffee Almond.
She also offers delicious looking Homemade Butter Cookies. Just like her Mom and Nana used to make!
I have my sights set on that Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Pie!


http://www.barbarascookiepies.com/https://twitter.com/BarbsCookiePieshttps://www.facebook.com/BarbarasCookiePieshttp://www.pinterest.com/bcookiepies/pins/http://instagram.com/barbarascookiepies#


 Disclosure: I received the above item/s in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. No monetary compensation was provided. The above opinion is the sole opinion of me and my family, and may differ from your own. I am disclosing in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 


No comments:

Post a Comment