Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened 
  • 4 oz Sharp White Cheddar, shredded
  • Apx. 10 Baby Portobello Mushrooms (cleaned and stems removed)
  • 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
  • 5 cloves Garlic, chopped
  • Handful of Baby Spinach chopped (optional)
  • Seasoning to taste (I used my own mixture of Italian seasoning)
How to:
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. In a small saucepan, heat up 2 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, add onions, garlic, and seasoning. Cook until soft. (I prefer the onions to be a bit golden brown, and crisp.) Place on a rag or paper towel, lightly press to soak up excess oils. 
  3. While onion/garlic mixture is caramelizing, mix the shredded cheese and cream cheese together in a small bowl. Set aside.
  4. Add onion mixture to the cheese mixture. Season to taste.
  5. Add chopped spinach if you desire.
  6. Scoop mixture into mushrooms and cover with shredded cheese. Place mushrooms on a cookie sheet. (I like to line mine with foil because cheese is known to stick.)
  7. Place cookie sheet in oven, middle rack, for about 20 minutes.

12 comments:

  1. I love stuffed mushrooms... I will have to give these a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mushrooms, and these sounds fantastic. I recipe I will be keeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe!! Gonna put these on my list:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do enjoy stuffed mushrooms and I never tried it with cheese before. I am sure it adds lots of flavor and is delicious.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! These are going to be something I try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look awesome. I love stuffed mushrooms and I totally think I could rock this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm-- I had these before last Thanksgiving--oh they were wonderful-- but now I have a recipe so I can make them myself--thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. those look delicious! I think stuffed mushrooms are my favorite appetizer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmmm these would be perfect for a snack, appetizer, side dish - soo good at this time of year. I love this recipe and can't wait to try i!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great - but I don't eat meat/cheese - actually I'm vegan - but I think I can make a vegan version of this! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! If you do, I would love it if you let me know how it turns out :) I think it would be really good stuffed with spinach, garlic and pine nuts with a light sauce of some sort!

      Delete