Thursday, October 16, 2014

What I Have Been Putting on my Skin Lately!- Acure Organics





Like most women, I love pampering myself. What I don't love is putting chemicals on my skin and paying for products that are bad for the environment. I don't care to have intense artificial scents and random color additives just to make the product appear more desirable. I feel like I have been searching for the perfect company forEVER, as they are really hard to come by! Unfortunately, I must have been living under a rock, because I just recently heard of Acure. I really wish I had heard of them sooner!

If you are not familiar with Acure, they are a family owned and operated company founded on sustainable principles to provide the highest quality fair trade, natural, and certified organic personal care products. All of their products are free from animal testing, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, harmful preservatives and artificial colors.

They were ever so kind enough to send me a great selection of goodies for me to try out. I can confidently say that I enjoy all of them!

I was sent Lip Lush in Birthday Suit, Sensitive Facial Cleanser, Argan Cell Stimulating Body Wash, Lavender Echinacea Stem Cell Calming Body Lotion, along with their Moroccan Argan oil + Argan Stem Cell shampoo and conditioner.



The first product I tried was the Lip Lush. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and try it out! I love lip gloss, even though I normally just wear lip balm. I was so stoked that it actually lived up to my expectations. Not only is hard enough to find an organic lip gloss in the first place, it is uber hard to find a good quality one at a great price! The Lip Lush in Birthday Suit was just the perfect color! Or barely any color at all to be exact, which is what I was hoping for. I tend to wear a more natural look for my day to day makeup routine. 

I love how it glides on effortlessly, is not slippery, and did not get sticky or clumpy after wearing it for awhile. It had a subtle shimmer. Perfect for a day at work, lunch date, or worn over a lipstick for a evening look! 



Then I tried the Argan Cell Stimulating Body Wash. The smell is quite unique. Hard to place, almost like it has a hint of almonds! I really liked how it moisturized as it cleansed my skin. I only had to add a little bit to my sponge, as it seems to lather really well. Argan stem cells are added to help stimulate healthy healing and regeneration, while CoQ10 assists with vascular support. The pumpkin seed oil contains essential fatty acids, minerals and antioxidants and the sea buckthorn oil hydrates the skin! So many great things about this body wash. Not your cup of tea?! Acure offers a few other body washes to choose from, although I do highly recommend that you try this one.


Since I was already in the shower, the most obvious choice was to try the Moroccan Argan Oil and Argan Stem Cell shampoo and conditioner. They contain Argan Oil + Argan stem cells, CoQ10, Pumpkin seed oil (for mega shine) and organic Seabuckthorn Oil (which is super high in Omega 7). The Argan Stem Cell Shampoo was excellent to use. I didn't have to use a ton, despite having thick, long hair. The scent was great! And it left my hair feeling squeaky clean. It provided my hair with much needed moisture, even without the accompaniment of the conditioner. It left my hair shiny. I do tend to have thick, tangly hair so conditioner is a must. The Argan Stem Cell Conditioner was the perfect addition to the previous shampooing. I love how soft and manageable my hair was after using this conditioner for even the first time! This really is the perfect combo as they help lock in moisture, leave your hair shiny, soft and manageable, repair damage, and strengthen follicles. What more could you ask for?! 

(In case you are asking for more,
they have several other great hair care products as well! )




I don't know about you, but I like to take shortcuts. I am not lazy, persay, just careful about how I spend my time. What I am getting at is, I like to wash my face and brush my teeth in the shower on top of the normal shower things. I find it easier to have the shower rinse the cleanser away rather than cupping water in my hands over and over. THE MONOTANY! :p

So after my main shower routine, I busted out the Acure Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Argan Oil and probiotics. I have really sensitive skin, especially on my face, so it is really important for me to find a cleanser that works. I am happy to say that my skin actually accepted this product! No horrible flaking, itching skin! I just feel clean after using it, not all tight in the face like I normally do after washing it. Not only did this stuff work, it was relaxing and left my face feeling fresh and hydrated! Woo! Now that makes me happy :)

Find more Acure face care products here.


After getting out of the shower, I always suffer from extremely dry skin. I am talking EXTREMELY dry. They literally sometimes look all powdery, especially if I shave my legs. The Acure Calming Body Lotion formula is like a dream come true when used after I get out of the shower. I love lathering it on while my skin still feels a bit damp, to lock in extra moisture. This blend incorporates Echinacea Stem Cells to maximize production of stress fighting and immunity boosting agents while also helping to smooth and revitalize the skin. The lovely lavender works to soothe and contributes to a state of relaxation. I love the scent (whch seems to linger for a good while) and I really enjoy the way it makes my skin feel. 

If lavender isn't your cup of tea (what is wrong with you?!) then check out the other awesome lotions they carry!  

  
I really cannot get enough of Acure! I am really digging all of the products I just mentioned, and look forward to trying their other things out in the future.  I love using products that benefit my skin and hair, while knowing that the production of them isn't making the world a worse place.

Acure cares about the environment (almost) as much as I do! 

They started a program to plant trees, and have since planted over 20,000! That is pretty awesome. They are proud supporters of the Farmland Trust (which works to convert conventional farm land into certified organic farms!!) 

Acure even sponsors small organic farmers in Panama and and Costa Rica.

Their office and manufacturing facility is as green as can be! Using 100% solar and wind powered with Green-e certified renewable energy!!

Acure's products are 100% biodegradable. Meaning they will safely break down so that they won't pollute waterways after going down the drain. (Have you even thought about what happens to all of the products you flush down the drain each day?! Not to mention what is now in our drinking water..)

Even their packaging is eco-friendly! 

Check out the amazing sale they are having!





Disclosure: I received the above item/s in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. No monetary compensation was provided. The above opinion is the sole opinion of me and my family, and may differ from your own. I am disclosing in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 



No comments:

Post a Comment