Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Much Ado About Superfood..

What is a "superfood"? Well, it honestly depends on who you ask. There doesn't seem to be enough  supportive evidence to prove that the certain foods on the superfood list are really all that "super". Sure, the foods on this list are great for your health, but with an ever expanding list of superfoods I must stop to think if they are really all that amazing, or if it is just another marketing scheme? you can decide for yourself!


Nonetheless, I really do love eating most of those foods, super or not. I'm happy that superfoods, marketing tactic or not, is coaxing more and more Americans to eat healthier foods. I am not claiming that these foods are superfoods, as not even many dieticians hike through that field, but I am for certain that they are good, if not amazing, for your health.


I try to eat as much raw food as possible, but that's not always easy or possible. For instances like this, I turn to Superfood powders, drinks, and other supplements. Since I am eating less meat as I try to phase that out of my life, I am finding that I need more protein as well. I am not a huge fan of nuts, especially not peanuts, and protein powders aren't really my thing. Luckily I recently found out about a company called Boku Superfood. They make pretty tasty supplements (as far as supplements go). I have been drinking the Superfood mixed with cherry juice. Since the seasons are changing, and Texas seems to fluctuate like crazy, I need as much antioxidant reinforcements as I can get.



The Boku Superfood powder contains superfoods from several categories including: Greens, Algae,  Maca, Takes, Sprouts, Pods, Fruit, Extras, and Enzymes. To see more about these ingredients, and for a detailed about each ingredient, check out Boku Superfood (towards the bottom). I love Boku because their products are always Organic, Kosher, and Vegan! Their Superfood is 90% raw, which is pretty amazing. I love not having to chew tons of greens like a freakin cow all day to get my nutrients. Now, the taste takes a bit of getting used to for some, but it is entirely worth it. It is so easy to add the superfood to water, juice, smoothies, etc.

The Blender Bottle makes mixing your superfood powder into your drink epically simple. Scoop out the powder, add the liquid, tighten the lid, and shake shake shake! The clever little wisk type ball perfectly blends the powder to eliminate the chalky texture.


I find that drinking it in a strong juice, like Tart Cherry, the grassy taste is barely noticeable.


If you want to learn more about them, and the products they carry, you can find them here:

*Disclosure: I received the above item in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. The above opinion is the sole opinion of Paisley and her family, and may differ from your own.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment