Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fischer and Wieser Review**

 In 1928, Joseph and Estella Wieser bought 60 acres of land on the southern edge of Fredericksburg, Texas, planted a peach orchard and put down roots in a very Texan way: think big, work hard and never compromise. Nestled in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, that dedicated commitment has fortified a family business for four decades, with son Mark Wieser carrying on his parents’ passion for gourmet eating the way nature intended. In 1969, Mark founded Fischer & Wieser’s Das Peach Haus® as a roadside fruit stand, built from the logs of an 1870 German log cabin purchased for $150 (especially meaningful given the family’s German heritage), and quickly became the place to go for the best locally harvested preserves and sauces Texas has to offer.

Fast forward a decade and out in the verdant peach orchard, one of Mark Wieser’s students, Case Fischer, was harvesting summer peaches and growing a passion for the process of farming and preserving. Case developed such a love for the business that he went on to study Food Technology and Food & Fiber Marketing at Texas A&M University and returned home to become Mark’s business partner, full of vision, knowledge, and new strategies to grow the business and inspire culinary adventures everywhere. Case later developed The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce®, the company’s flagship product, winning the NASFT’s (National Association for the Specialty Food Trade) prestigious award for Outstanding New Best Seller in 1997. Today Mark Wieser is Chairman of the Board and Case Fischer is President and CEO of this thriving international business and the #1 gourmet food company in Texas. And it all started here in our Hill Country peach orchard.


 I am super stoked to have discovered Fischer and Wieser. I have seen them around the grocery store, and have tried a few of their items when the store does samplings. They are one of those companies that not only have excellent tasting products, but they have nice packaging as well. It makes them look fancy. I was sent a few bottles of their original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, as well as several bottles of their new line of pasta sauce, Mom's.When I got these items in the mail, so many recipe ideas began racing through my head. Luckily for me, Fischer and Wieser has a great website set up to help you find the best recipes for incorporating their products. When looking on their site at the Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce I saw OVER 40 tried and true recipes that they have came up with themselves. That is extraordinary. Not something you would find in an everyday, ordinary brand. Not only do they give you tons of delectable looking recipes, they tell you what pairs well with each of their items as well. Fischer and Wieser really steps it up in every way possible.


 When it comes to chipotle, I am typically not a fan. The taste seems a bit odd to me. So when it came down to trying the Fischer & Wieser Roasted Raspberry Chipotle sauce, I was a bit skeptical. It smelled sweet with a hint of chipotle, quite enticing to say the least. The way it smelled made me confident enough to try it one day at my local HEB when they were doing a demo. They served it poured on top of cream cheese with crackers on the side. I purchased the crackers, and already had cream cheese on hand. I was excited to share this simple recipe with my family, and they absolutely loved it. I was mostly surprised that the BF liked it, as he is usually opposed to anything cooked fruit. This sauce is definitely something I could use time and time again, as it is so versatile. Fischer and Wieser offers many recipes of their own on their site that I look forward to trying. It is hard for me to follow recipes, but they make it easy, and something I actually want to do. I tend to add a few of my own ingredients, but have found that I haven't needed to with Fischer and Wieser. When it comes to using their sauces, they definitely know what they are doing. Now I wouldn't be honest if I said I didn't do some experimenting of my own (because I most definitely did!) I added it to lettuce wraps the other night, making them sweet and savory. Delish!


I was really excited to try out the Fischer & Wieser Mom's Pasta Sauces. My family and I are in love with pasta, and it far too often! They offer several varieties, but we got to try the Traditional and the Roasted Pepper. I definitely spruced them up a bit by adding fresh basil and fresh chopped garlic. Mmm! Otherwise, they were perfect. We used the Roasted Pepper pasta sauce on a flatbread pizza as well as mixed with ketchup, spread on top of meatloaf. The Traditional Pasta Sauce was enjoyed several times on different types of pasta, my favorite being the night I made fettuccine and meatballs. Their pasta sauce makes the perfect base for soups (they must have figured that out as they are offering soups now for a limited time!)







 Giveaway coming soon!!

 Disclosure: I received the above item in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. No monetary compensation was provided. The above opinion is the sole opinion of me and my family, and may differ from your own. I am disclosing in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 

1 comment:

  1. These look like delicious home made sauces. I would love to cook with them!
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete