Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Quinn- Microwave Popcorn Reinvented

Two years ago the Quinn creators set out to clean up microwave popcorn. Having just brought their first son, Quinn, home it was time to take this icon of adulterated food and transform it into something anyone can feel good about eating and sharing with friends and family. After a sleepless year their popcorn was finally ready for prime time!

First, they tackled the bag. Gone are the chemical coatings (PFOA, PFCs, Poly, etc.). They even pulled out the susceptor (gray metal/plastic patch). What’s left is a bag that’s made from paper and paper alone. Well, it is special paper that is pressed to make it grease proof. That wasn’t easy to figure out. Did I mention, it’s even compostable?

The ingredients got even more attention. Quinn Popcorn never uses GMO ingredients or preservatives. The popcorn is organic. The expeller pressed oils are high in omega-3′s. Their ingredients all come together in 7 sweet, salty, unique, and delicious flavors. Plain and sim­ple, our mis­sion is to pro­vide you with the best bag of microwave pop­corn. (Adapted from Quinn Foods LLC)

As you can see, I was sent three flavors of Quinn popcorn. They are all pretty amazing, but I would have to say that my favorite is the Vermont Maple and Sea Salt. Such a perfect combo of sweet and salty, and a fun way to make popcorn as a family!

I am obsessed with the packaging. It just looks so cool. Very fancy for microwave popcorn. Definitely not your average, run of the mill microwave popcorn, this stuff is incredible! 


Yeah.. so maybe we didn't do such a perfect job the first time. And to add insult to injury, they bag totally stated NOT to do what we chose to do.. Oops. Totally my fault. On to round 2!


Woo! We got it this time. See? It is right above where it says nice work! What a great little pat on the back the was after the horrific first go-round.I love being able to see through the bag! Makes it a fun experience to watch it popping. It is also great to know that I can compost them!


Getting the popcorn flavored is super simple! It only requires 2 steps. I think it is a great idea to have the seasoning packets separate from the kernals. Sometimes I want just a little flavor, sometimes I want a lot! Quinn popcorn is the perfect family treat. I hope they continue to make more flavors as they continue to grow. I saw them on my grocery store shelves a couple weeks ago, and was so thrilled!

Connect with Quinn

Disclosure: I received the above item in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. No monetary compensation was provided. The above opinion is the sole opinion of me and my family, and may differ from your own. I am disclosing in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 

1 comment:

  1. I had not heard of Quinn Microwave Popcorn until now. It's hard to find Organic Popcorn. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete