Friday, September 12, 2014

Zingerman's Mail Order- Mmmm Cheese!!


 


The Zingerman's Community of Businesses (ZCoB) is a family of small food-related companies and entrepreneurial ventures. Each is located in the Ann Arbor area. They are operated by one or more partners who share ownership and manage the business.

The online shop for Zingerman’s food, gifts and more. Zingerman's Mail Order sends extraordinary, traditionally made foods anywhere in America. Featuring hearth baked breads, handmade cheeses, varietal coffee, estate bottled olive oils and customized professional presents. The proprietors are Mo Frechette, Toni Morell and Tom Root. 

I was sent several fantastic items from Zingerman's Mail Order site. I received an Apple Bacon Coffeecake and a Beginner Cheeses of the World Box. 
The Beginner Cheeses of the World Box came so adorably packaged. I love it! I cannot wait to find something else to keep inside, and I am even thinking about painting or staining it. It came with five different cheeses as well as a delicious looking loaf of sourdough bread.
Cheeses of the World
The envy of cheese lovers everywhere. Beginner & experienced collections.
There aren’t many cheesemongers in America who put together a cheese selection like this. Few take the time to discover, select, age, care for and cut each cheese to order like Zingerman's does. All the little steps add up— and you really can taste the difference!

Five cheeses weigh in at about two and a half pounds, serving 18-20. Packed in a wooden gift box with sourdough bread. Instructions for serving and care are included.

The beginner assortment focuses on five great, well-aged versions of familiar cheeses like Farmhouse Gouda and Antique Gruyère. 
I am a true lover of sourdough bread. The crisp, crackly crust, moist honeycombed interior and that trademark sour tang that tickles your tongue. This bread has got it! Some of the best sourdough I have had in awhile! I may have baked it a bit longer than you may like, but I love it that way!
 The Cabot Zingerman's Cheddar was hands down my favorite. It was so creamy and delicious, I swear I could have eaten the entire half pound by myself.. Aged just under a year, it's a great snacking cheddar. Zingerman's select batches that feature creamy texture and hearty, savory flavors that pair well with salami, crackers, crusty bread, beer, wine, etc. It also makes delicious grilled cheese sandwiches and will be the perfect accompaniment for my next cheeseburger.
OMFG! This was the best coffeecake! I have ever had. Ever! That includes homemade (although, to be fair, I have never made or known anyone to make a Apple Bacon Coffeecake..) The scent is intoxicating in itself, making me drool all over myself while trying to snap some photos. It seriously took some will power not to dive in with my bare hands. 


Disclosure: I received the above item in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. No monetary compensation was provided. The above opinion is the sole opinion of me and my family, and may differ from your own. I am disclosing in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255. 

2 comments:

  1. Cheese is definitely my downfall diet-wise. Love all kinds -- cheddar, Brie, port wine. These pics are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these foods look very delicious. What great gifts they would make. I would enjoy all.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete