- Iodine is an energy booster. There is a clear relationship between our energy level and our iodine intake.
- Iodine functions to calm the body and relieve nervous energy, thus reducing irritability and enabling better sleep.
- Iodine is one of our best oxidizing catalysts, efficiently burning up the food we consume each day. If this food is not properly burned, it may be stored as unwanted fat.
- Studies show that the mind functions better and can engage in clearer thinking when the body is provided the iodine it needs.
- Iodine is known to have beneficial effects on the heart and circulatory system.
- Research indicates that sufficient iodine in the body promotes healing of bones.
My dog, Paddington isn't too picky when it comes to food. He loves it! I try not to feed him "people food" unless it is something healthy. For instance, he absolutely loves bell peppers, apples, and carrots. So I wasn't too surprised when he ate his food despite having the Pet Kelp Probiotic Formula sprinkled on top. The Probiotic Formula is Designed to promote intestinal health by having adding prebiotic inulin combined with four strains of probiotics. Pet Kelps specially developed prebiotic/ probiotic formula is then blended with their nutrient-rich kelp blend to create a daily supplement that not only tastes good, but is good for our pets health as well. The Probiotic Formula is appropriate for all dogs and cats where the goal is to build or maintain intestinal health. After reading the reviews of other dogs who did not like this product made me have my doubts, but as Paddington is a healthy eater anyway he didn't refuse to eat it. I was so proud of him. Even the cat will eat it when mixed with a touch of wet food.
Since I have been on a pumpkin craze this fall, I decided to let Paddy in on the fun as well. Pet Kelp makes a treat in their Kelpies line called Pumpkin Point. These treats are made of Dried kelp, oat flour, lethicin, pumpkin, flax, and fish oil. Paddington could smell them upon opening the package.
When Paddington really likes or wants something, he drools like crazy:
I am not entirely sure, but out of all the treats given to us by Pet Kelp, Paddington seems to like the Chicken Jerky with Kelp and Pumpkin the best. Despite the chicken jerky dog treat scare, I can be confident in these treats. Pet Kelp gets their chicken from the USA! These treats are so minimal in ingredients, containing only: Chicken, kelp, pumpkin, flax, rice starch, and sea salt.
We will definitely be buying some Pet Kelp products after we run out!
To learn more about the benefits of kelp for dogs, feel free to look over this article featured on The Nest: What are the Benefits of Kelp for Dogs?
Find out more about Pet Kelp on their:
Disclosure: I received the above item in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. The above opinion is the sole opinion of Paisley and her family, and may differ from your own.