Monday, January 20, 2014

The Evolution of the handkerchief!- HankyBook Review


"The HankyBook was born in 2008, when an Engineering student at the University of California at Berkeley grew tired of disapproving looks from classmates at her handkerchief use, and came up with a novel solution for her sniffles.
The HankyBook 

It would not fill up as fast as a handkerchief, and because of its folding cover pages it was more sanitary when kept in the pocket. Problem solved! Before you knew it, many people wanted to get one of their own. After a successful day at the San Diego Earthfair in 2010, HankyBook was launched to make them available for everyone everywhere and promote the joy of reusables for a new generation." To learn more, and meet the inventor, click here.

I think that HankyBook is a terrific idea! I love the thought of being able to reuse something that I typically use and throw away so frequently. I have personally never tried a handkerchief, as I was under the impression that they were a bit gross. With HankyBook, this is something that I no longer have to worry about. They designed many adorable yet functional little covers for the hankies, making it a little book that easily fits into your pocket, purse, glovebox, etc. They have so many cute prints to choose from. The ones I received are shown below:


 I am really enjoying using my HankyBook. It is so soft, and perfect for this time of year. my allergies are so bad. I find that it is perfect to have two HankyBooks per person, as it is awesome to be able to clean one and have one already clean for backup. They are bound on the edge, really creating a "book", making it near impossible to lose one of the "pages". 

HankyBooks are not only cute, but they are great for the environment. They are made out of Organic cotton, and prevent the need for using one time use paper products to blow your nose, wipe off makeup, apply antiseptic, remove nail polish, wash face, etc. 


Disclosure: I received the above item in return for an honest, sincere review. I was not expected to leave a positive review, and would never post something I didn't feel fully confident in. No monetary compensation was provided. The above opinion is the sole opinion of me and my family, and may differ from your own. I am disclosing in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.  








No comments:

Post a Comment